[SPARCbook] Tadpole drivers

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Thu Jun 1 06:10:10 CDT 2000

Hugo,
    Possible update for one FAQ question:

>From FAQ:

4. What OS does the SparcBook 3 run and do I need to purchase from Tadpole?
The SparcBook 3 will run Sunos 4.1.3-u1 and any Solaris version up to and
including Solaris 7! Not all of the original distributions from SUN will
work fine. But apparantly Solaris 2.6 (5/98) seems to install fine. But note
that you still need the add-on's listed below. (Solaris 7 is covered in Q:
.12..) SOLARIS 2.6, DATED 3/98 OR 5/98 HAS SUFFICIENT SUPPORT INCLUDED TO
PERFORM A GRAPHICAL INSTALL, OTHER RELEASES OF SOLARIS 2.6 WILL ALSO
INSTALL, BUT YOUR INSTALL WILL BE TEXT-BASED. AFTER ALL THE FOLLOWING
SOFTWARE PATCHES AND PROGRAMS ARE INSTALLED, THE FINAL SYSTEM WILL BE THE
SAME, NO MATTER WHICH RELEASE OF SOLARIS 2.6 YOU STARTED WITH.

One can download the additional packages required to let Solaris 2.6 run on
your sparc book from: ftp.tadpole.com/pub/sbu/S3-patches/Solaris_2.6/

Obviously, my suggested addition is in uppercase...

Thanks,

Ken Hansen
n2vip at bellatlantic.net