[SPARCbook] no boot?

Swift Kick uzziel at erols.com
Tue Jul 25 11:01:50 CDT 2000

Hello all.

I have been following this discussion for the past few days, and today I
decided to see if and how my S3GX was affected.  I had left it
unplugged, sitting on a shelf, for the past 4 months, with less than 1/2
of its battery charge left.
When I opened it up, the battery was fully drained (as I expected).
Plugged the A/C adapter into it, hit the power-on button. Everything
came up normally, without any incidents, and resumed my OpenWindows
session as usual (I had suspended the system).
Maybe I am just lucky, but I have not seen any weird behavior at all,
and haven't experienced any of the issues that have been described here.
There is nothing special about my SB.... just a 3GX with 32mb ram, 1.2gb
drive, and a 3com pcmcia ethernet adapter, nothing else...

Regards,

-Paul

Paul Santos                                      uzziel at erols.com