[SPARCbook] no boot?

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Mon Jul 24 19:45:56 CDT 2000

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>
> > I've not heard of any issues with dead NVRAMs in Sparcbooks, but that
> > doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
>
> As far I understood they have happened. I know some SUN units have a NVRAM
> with battery that have an estimated expected liffespan of 4 to 5 years.
>

>From what I've experienced, the SPARCbooks do not have an NVRAM battery of
their own-- they use the power of the battery or wall-outlet... somewhere
I heard that if the SPARCbook was without a battery or any source of power
for more than 36 hours all of its configuration data in the NVRAM would be
lost.

 -    |||       Atari 8-bit!  Star Wars * SPARCbook 3GX * SUMMER!!    -
-     |||      400/800/XL/XE  Battlestar: Galactica * SPARC * Linux    -
- |  | | |  | 2600/5200/7800  NetBSD1.4.2 * StarTrek * Galaga * SCSI   -
 - ||  |  ||     Lynx/Jaguar  Star Raiders * Descent * Voltron * UNIX -