[SPARCbook] Connecting to a cdrom w/solaris 2.6

mike.rapuano mike.rapuano at virtualscape.com
Wed Jul 19 19:14:46 CDT 2000

Hi --

Kind of a newbie question but I thought I would be daring and ask anyway.

I installed solaris 2.6 on a sparcbook 3gx. I'm able to connect to my cdrom via the openboot prom and either 'test cdrom' or 'eject cdrom'. But when I boot to solaris 2.6 and attempt to cd to the cdrom (with the volume management running) I don't see the files on the cdrom. I just see an empty directory (yes, there is a cdrom in the drive and data does exist).

Any suggetions would be appreciated.

thanks

Mike