[SPARCbook] Re: new parts list soon - About these CDs ??

Peter Soderholm helsod at algonet.se
Mon Jul 17 13:35:47 CDT 2000

985010-B0 CD SOL2.3 & NCE2.0 vB.0 23  $30.00
985011-C02 CD SOL2.4&NCE2.0 vC.0.2 50  $30.00
985012-A31 CD SOL1.1.2&NCE/A.3. 22  $30.00
985014-D0 CD SOL2.5&NCE2.0 (vD.0) 47  $30.00

It occured to me that the CDs mentioned in this parts list may be some of the most valuable items. Arent these
the special Tadpole distributions that will make everything work on the laptopts including power saving modes
graphics etc. Since those are nearly ever included when you shop at Ebay, or if they are there will immedietly be more bidding and the price goes up.

If I got one of these does it mean I could restore my system if I got a bare Sparcbook 3x or one with a blank drive without ftp ing a lot of addons and without hassle?

Which of the Solaris version works best on the 3x laptops (3GX most likely)

Whatabout this SparcBook2 ?
S2-520GC32 SPARCbook 2 series system 1 $200.00

Is it only useful as a doorstop nowadays. Or, given the low price, maybe one could buy it for playing with / experimenting. Does it only run Sun OS or can Solaris be used? (any of the above CD distributions?) It says on the Tadpole homepages that its not Y2K compliant. Does this mean it will be dead or that some features that uses the clock and date will not work or will work if the date / time is reset?

Thanks for any thoughts !

Peter Soderholm