[SPARCbook] Modem...

Bob Krzaczek krz at cis.rit.edu
Fri Feb 25 16:20:01 CST 2000

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Jeff wrote:
; Hey, what's the path / name for a PCMCIA modem?  I'm not sure, but I
; think it's /dev/pcelx.

Under Solaris 2.6,

	/dev/cua/a	serial port A
	/dev/cua/b	serial port B
	/dev/cua/c	internal 14.4 modem
	/dev/cua/pc0	serial device (modem) in pcmcia slot 0
	/dev/cua/pc1	serial device (modem) in pcmcia slot 1

If it's easier to remember, you can use

	/dev/term/a	/dev/term/b	/dev/term/c
	/dev/term/pc0	/dev/term/pc1

and, depending on which packages you've loaded with Solaris, you might
even have

	/dev/ttya	/dev/ttyb	/dev/ttyc
	/dev/ttypc0	/dev/ttypc1

; I'm trying to set up asppp without using the internal 14.4..

asppp loses, big time.  I played with it for a while, then took some
other list members' advice and switched to "ppp", a different app that
runs great under Solaris, DU, Linux, and lots of other OS's.  Check it
out at

	ftp://cs.anu.edu.au/pub/software/ppp

Good luck!

// bob