[SPARCbook] changing domains/IP-addresses on the fly

Rainer Canavan canavan at cs.bonn.edu
Sun Feb 20 10:08:31 CST 2000

Hi,

I'd like to change the IP-address and the domainname of my sparcbook
without rebooting. I know the "suported" method is using sys-unconfig +
reboot, but there sure must be an easier method. I tried copying
/etc/hosts /etc/nodename /etc/defaultdomain /etc/defaultrouter /etc/resolv.conf
/etc/hostname.le0 /etc/inet/hosts /etc/etc/tic*/*,
but there seems to be a daemon left that's rewriting /etc/hostname.le0 and
/etc/hosts (the loghost entry) to the old values. I'm already having my script
restart sendmail, what else do I need to restart?

Anyone with a ready-made script to change domain/IP on-the-fly?

Rainer

PS: about java 1.2 on tadpole's solaris 2.5.1 - tadpole knows it's not
working, and they don't have a solution ;-(