[SPARCbook] Source for Lucent Wavelan 2mb/s WLAN cards

Tom Kranz sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 8 11:20:14 CST 2000

I've been searching for *ages* for some of these to go in my LX and
Sparcbook.

Well, I've dug some up. I caught one on an auction on Ebay, but
contacted the seller, and he has more. I've bought 4, and am waiting for
them to arrive here in the UK.

The guy's name is Sebastian Najner, email address is
"snajnert at DINGOBLUE.NET.AU". He has the cards for $130 AUS - they
include drivers disks, manuals and are in the original boxes. He can be
flexible on price if your order more than one, and you can cut shipping
costs by not having manuals/boxes/drivers disks/whatever.

As I say, I haven't received the cards I ordered yet, but as there's
been a lot of people asking about wireless LAN cards for Sparcbooks, I
thought I'd pass the info on.

BTW, these are the Bronze cards, so no encryption (does the Wavelan
driver even take advantage of the encryption?)

If you drop him a line, mention the Sparcbook mailing list - if we can
raise the profile of it some more, maybe people like him who have a
stash of useful bits will be more inclined to come here first :-)

Cheers,
TOM