[SPARCbook] S3GX bootup

Edward Smithers marginboy at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 31 15:29:59 CDT 2000

Just purchased a used S3GX

S3GX bootup

Remains on 001 in the LCD status for 15-30 seconds before the screen comes
up. Is this normal? It seems an awful long time, and I hear of peoples
systems failing at 001 as the screen NEVER comes up!!

My NVRAM seems also to have failed (corrupted checksum error on boot)
although my hostid, mac and model seem to have been retained ok!

I can't do any setenv. Has my nvram really failed? If so why does it retain
the above info!

Cheers

Ed