[SPARCbook] keyboard joystick caps

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Thu Aug 17 23:57:57 CDT 2000

     Having recently obtaining a Tadpole 3GX I noticed
that the little keyboard joystick rubber cap was sticky
and falling apart.  Being a person who finds unusual
solutions to problems, I'd though I'd pass my solution
along.
     Trot down to your local auto parts store and buy a
pack of vacuum caps, the 1/8 inch vinyl worked for me.
BTW, I tried the rubber ones - too thick - made the
cursor shift southeast an inch when "h" was released.
Just cut one off the appropriate length and slip it over
the square joystick (first removing the rubber part!).
This may take a little effort since it is a square peg
in a round hole!  If you don't like the "pointed" tip,
you can always flatten it a little with a nail file (do
this before you put it on).
     It works for me.  My cap is yellow since that is
the color of the 1/8 inch cap of the brand I bought.  If
you mess up on cutting, there are 4 more to play with.
Pretty good for less than $2.
     Hope this helps some one.   Bob