[SPARCbook] Sparcbook in the litterature ...

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Tue Aug 15 17:38:37 CDT 2000

Also, Tsutomu seems to use a wall projector for his display device, at least
he
was when I saw him on some random show a year or two ago. His office was
a normal desk, nothing on top of it, save a keyboard, mouse and a few
papers,
and with the lights turned down slightly you could see an XWindows display
on
the wall.

I don't think it was staged for the shoot, because no one mentioned it (it
was in fact
hard to figure out why the room was dark), but that is certainly a
possibility.

I guess he outgrew 800x600 on a 10.4" display ;^)

Seriously though, an 85 Mhz SPARCBook as the .44 Magnum of portables?

Even for 1996 that is a huge dallop of hyperbole...

Ken