[SPARCbook] 3GX external VGA plug

Matthew Haas wedge at onlineimage.com
Sat Apr 22 10:39:35 CDT 2000

Good morning,

  Is there any special voodoo I need to spit output out of the external
VGA port on the back of my SPARCbook? I've tried it in several different
places (including plugging it into my NEC MultiSync 5FG which works great
for my LX) and I get no image on the screen. Other monitors report that
there is a signal but alas, no image. The most I see is a flicker when I
turn the SPARCbook on, but the rest of the time I see a black screen.

  Any pointers? Do I have to enable it to shoot out by default? How does
one set this?

  Also--- with the external keyboard port... is it possible to hook up
just a mouse? (Specifically a Type 5 mouse) I like the SPARCbook's
keyboard, but trying to use that trackpoint in programs like GIMP is,
well... painful at best. And it's much easier to carry around a mouse than
the long keyboard and mouse. I'm running NetBSD 1.4.2 (with a -current
kernel) on the SPARCbook.

  Thanks.

 -    |||       Atari 8-bit!  Star Wars * SPARCbook 3GX * SUMMER!!    -
-     |||      400/800/XL/XE  Battlestar: Galactica * SPARC * Linux    -
- |  | | |  | 2600/5200/7800  OpenBSD 2.6 * StarTrek * Galaga * SCSI   -
 - ||  |  ||     Lynx/Jaguar  Star Raiders * Descent * Voltron * UNIX -