[SPARCbook] SB3TX crashing during boot

Glenn Phillips phillips at lmco.com
Tue Apr 18 14:35:33 CDT 2000

Greetings,

I have a Sparcbook 3TX that came with Solaris 2.6 on it.  However, I
have some older applications that need to run Solaris 1.1.1 (SunOS 4.1.3
B).  I loaded Solaris 1.1.1 which went fine.  Next I loaded NCE 2.0
Version A.2.1, when I reboot after that it crashes during boot up.  I
believe it is right after checking memory, the first line of the dump
is:

BAD TRAP: cpu=0 type=9 rp=fd008f0c addr=f3ff8008 mmu_fsr=3a6 rw=2

There are several more lines including a stack dump and then it repeats
(not with all the same values) forever.

Glenn