[SPARCbook] Problem with upgraded SB 3GX (64M/6.4G)

Ken Hansen khansen at pluto.njcc.com
Tue Nov 30 09:54:38 CST 1999

Hello all,
	I am having a problem with rebuilding my SB 3GX
now that I have upgraded the RAM to 64 Meg and put a new
HD inside. I can boot off the original 1.2 Gig drive
with my new RAM size (but no suspend/resume!), but when
I put the new 6.4Gig SCSI drive inside the tray and
boot the laptop, I can not get the install to accept the
drive (no valid Sun disklabel IIRC)...

	I know others have replaced their drives, how
did you get around this? On a typical Sun system I would
simply boot off another disk, then label/partiton drive,
but I can't see how to do that here.

	I do have external SCSI drives available, should
I build an external backup of my 1.2Gig HD image, boot
from that ext. drive/backup and then label/format the new
drive and restore images into larger partitions?

Help.

Thanks,

Ken
khansen at njcc.com