[SPARCbook] Resurrecting sparcbook 2 ... how?

Stuart Duncan sety at wn.com.au
Thu Nov 18 04:50:47 CST 1999

It's not that it's going to just keel over and die in a few weeks -
SPARCbook 2 isn't y2k compliant.

Dead NVRAM batteries can be repaired easilly.  (easilly - given the
circumstances)
I don't know about compatibillities =/  I know that I can still buy new
NVRAM chips...  and I put a new NVRAM chip from an ELC into my SPARCbook
and it worked.  :P

BTW:  Are you the shmuck who baught the two SPARCbook 2's from Tadpole?
(Old stock.. brand new, still in thier boxes with all the manuals,
accessories, etc)
I wanted to buy one of them.  :P

If so, I'd realy love a set of the boxes/packing that they ship with.
Perhaps if you send me this dead SB2, you can pack it in there.  :)

Cheers,
Stuart Duncan