[SPARCbook] sys-unconfig

Paul Phillips paul at partitura.com
Thu Nov 11 10:26:51 CST 1999

When I first got my Sparcbook (Solaris 2.51), I wanted to attach it to my LAN, so
I used the sys-unconfig command, and it asked for all my network parameters.  It
worked fine.

Soon, I am going to take the plunge and install Solaris 2.6.  I will also want to
take the Sparcbook out on the road and use ppp.  Obviously when I use ppp all my
networking parameters will be different.  Do I use sys-unconfig again to tell it
I am not attached to the LAN any more?  If so, what parameters do I put in for IP
address, etc, when ppp will assign all those dynamically?

Or is there some other way to correctly change the networking parameters from
fixed IP on a LAN to dynamic IP over ppp?

Thanks,
Paul Phillips