[SPARCbook] re: linux on GX

Richard S. Bunke rick at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Nov 1 23:33:08 CST 1999

> That would be me. X runs now, and I'm working on the uctrl support, but
no
> PCMCIA, or internal modem support yet. I've been checking the work into
> current 2.3 kernels, but I'm at 2.3.5 since currently 2.3 won't run on
> sparc32. I can make a kernel available somewhere if people care.

I've been running your 2.3.5 kernel that you made availbale for about a
month now and it works well ( except I don't think I got the 2.3.5 system
map ) I was about to download the kernel source so I could play around
with kernel code when I remembered reading this post.

I was wondering if the sparc32 portions have been fixed in the current
2.3.24 or should just download 2.3.5?  (from my quick peek at the spark
linux archive it looked like it wasn't fixed yet, but I thought would ask
just to be sure =0)

Have Fun
Rick