[SPARCbook] Re: Sparcbook3 and y2k patches...

The UnSeen ian at south-border.com
Fri Dec 24 12:39:43 CST 1999

I should have mentioned that I've not no trouble upgrading this sparcbook
using earlier versions of the Recommended and Y2K patches from Sun.  It
seems only the the one I downloaded in the past is causing these problems.
It's consistantly reproducable.

 On Fri, 24 Dec 1999, The UnSeen wrote:

> I performed a clean installation of Solaris 2.5.1 and NCE and am
> attempting to install both the Recommended and Y2K patches from Sun.
> After completing the patches the sparcbook3 fails during the reboot
> attempting to load the sd driver:
>
> /platform/Tadploe_S3/kernel/drvg/sd: undefined symbol ddi_select_sr_device
> /platform/Tadploe_S3/kernel/drvg/sd: undefined symbol ddi_register_sr
> /platform/Tadploe_S3/kernel/drvg/sd: undefined symbol ddi_register_sr_dump
> sd error doing common
> Connot load drivers for ...../sd at 3,0:a
> Cna't load the root filesystem
>
> When I reboot from cdrom, all looks ok.  Both the filesystems and disk
> partition table look and work fine...
>
> Any insight?

					The Unseen
					ian at south-border.com
					http://south-border.com/users/ian

"Why do you have to mess with the fantasy?  We already know about the reality
so don't mess with the fantasy." -- From Weird Science