[SPARCbook] Reviving a Dead SparcBook 3GS - stuck booting

blc at ou.edu blc at ou.edu
Tue Dec 14 11:47:49 CST 1999

I am not sure about the normal digits, and while i am not an expert i
will offer my iterpretaion of your problems.  It sounds to me as though
there is a high probability that the prom has been damaged.  If this is
true, and you can not boot, the only meathod i know is to find a
replacement.  Another possible explination is that the frame buffer is
malfunctioning.  I have heard tales of wires becomeing lose in the case,
which whould probably be worth checking.  Unfortunatly if it is not that
and my theory is correct, i dont know how to fix it with out price
replacement.  One possible check would be to use another sparcbook with
your hard drive and either assure or eliminate the possibility of that
as a problem.  Best of luck
Brian