[SPARCbook] Re:[sparcbook](no subject)

Swift Kick cain at nemeton.org
Thu Dec 9 21:42:40 CST 1999

krakxl at fcmail.com wrote:

> And really, (sorry I'm filling your mailboxes with crap,

 Yes, I've been getting a lot of crap on my mailbox just dealing with
your particular antics looking for a sparcbook. Can't you just take this
someplace else, i.e. dealing with the people directly, instead of trying
to hoard the offers, like someone mentioned in one of the previous
posts?

> but I forgot to add this) I haven't really gotten high
> priced offers, I've gotten a bunch of killer offers on
> 3gx's with varying ammounts of extras. The more extras,
> the more the SB tends to cost. I'm not sure I can afford
> the SB's with "everything" however.

 I don't think you will be able to affor a SB period. As Ken Hansen
mentioned, maintaining and upgrading these little machines can get
rather pricey.  What if, for some reason, the AC adapter dies on you?
Will you shell out the $150 to Tadpole for a new one?
Get a x86 laptop, install linux on it, play with it, be happy, and stop
flooding our mailboxes with your whinning, please...

> Long live linux. May the source be with you...

Gee whiz... on sparc hardware, run solaris =P

-Paul

Paul Santos                                      uzziel at erols.com