[SPARCbook] Re: [SPARCbook]

Ken Hansen khansen at njcc.com
Thu Dec 9 11:51:13 CST 1999

So what you are saying is that you hoarding offers from several
sellers in the hopes of arriving at a "best" price? I hope you are
letting people with high prices that you are persuing better prices
elsewhere, or are you leaving these multiple offers in limbo?

As for the range of prices, these units sold for prices ranging from
$200 (3GS 85 Mhz CPU) to approaching $1500 (3GX 110 Mhz)
when Ross Pennington started selling these units over a year ago.

The range in prices is simply people hoping to recoup their
investment, at whatever they bought the units for.

I suspect the reason many folks are selling their sparcbooks is
that they didn't realize how expensive simple upgrades were
for these laptops ($450 for a 6.4G HD, $100 for 64 Meg RAM,
$1500 (est.) for 128 Meg)...

As for spreading out payments, might I suggest using an
escrow service, allowing you to inspect the unit before payment
pay via credit card...

HTH,

Ken
khansen at njcc.com