[SPARCbook] Need sparcbook2 solaris 1.0.1 gcc later than 2.1

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Tue Dec 7 15:52:55 CST 1999

> BSD Bob wrote:
>
> > Anyone know where I might find a precompiled solaris 1 (or sunos 4.x)
> > gcc 2.5.8 or 2.7.2.3?  I need to update the compiler on my SparcBook2
> > (version gcc 2.1) which has some bugs compiling things like GnuPlot.
>
> Yup.  metalab.unc.edu/pub/solaris/sparc    It is easiest to use your
> browser.

They only have Solaris 2.3 and later stuff.  Will that run on Solaris
1.0.1 without importing fresh libs from a later Solaris?

>  To save you some trouble, they also have GNUplot binaries...

Libs again?

Remember I am running sunos 4.1.2 (Solaris 1.0.1) on a sparcbook 2
not a 3.

If it works, on the sparcbook2, I will try it, but are you sure?
I would rather not nuke the machine with incompatible binaries.
Getting the beast up from the dead, the first time was no fun.

Bob