[rescue] Sun 3 with SCSI2SD

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 22:49:59 CDT 2019

Sorry to derail the help request, but does anyone have a bootable SD card
image for SCSI2SD on a 4/110 they would be willing to share? Sun-4
architecture.

Thanks

Mike

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 3:11 PM Earl Baugh <earl at baugh.org> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Wondering if anyone has used a SCSI2SD card with a Sun 3 class machine. I
> know
> Walter B has had success with the Sun 2( thatb s next on my list after I
> get
> the Sun 3/110 working with one. )
>
> I have some Version 5 of the card. (I also have a version 3 card that I
> tried
> long ago, with little success). The new current firmware is much more
> understandable in terms of setting it up.
> However with a known good image ( obtained from Walter B) I canb t get it
> go past the message b Waiting for disk to spin up...b
> followed by b Please start it, if necessary , b  OR b  press a key to
> quit.b
>
> I know the card doesnb t need to spin up p    so question is, what is the
> boot prom waiting for? I expect itb s just something off in my config but
> so
> far everything Ib ve tried yields the same result.
>
> Anybody have a config.xml that works that they could share? ( and which
> firmware version  it works with? )
>
> Thanks
>
> Earl

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'