[rescue] Fwd: Fwd: Long Shot but

Andrew Weiss rumbeard at mac.com
Wed Mar 6 02:54:43 CST 2019

I've already set up a 3.3 Turbo Color Nitro Station in Previous (recompiled to
redirect 5 ports including ssh) DEV + y2K and SLiRP, a 4.2 Turbo NeXTDimension
Nitro Cube running 4.2 DEV +y2K, and a VirtualBox Intel 4.2 Build with
BusLogic SCSI, Sound AWE32, DEV and y2K all on my MacBook.  The VirtualBox is
faster than a scalded cat.  But now Ibm pinin for the fjords so to speak.

> On 6 Mar 2019, at 19:49, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> wrote:
>
> Fingers crossed for you that you can hunt down your Cube and re-acquire it
in operational state.

> My observation has been that NeXT Cube equipment has always been difficult
to acquire, even here in the States.

> I know that for many, emulation and virtualization is a distant second to
having actual, operational vintage hardware.  OTOH, if you
> reach the state that you are interested in soldiering on in a software only
state, I might suggest you look at "Previous".