[rescue] The State of SunHELP (new server build, etc)

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Tue Jun 11 04:46:09 CDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 12:55:01PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
>OS will be on a pair of Intel 545s 256G SSDs (in a dual-drive 5.25" to 2.5"
>hot-swap bay).  Can't decide if I want to do Debian ZFS-root (the setup
>procedure seems kinda hacky) or just linux software mdraid RAID-1 for the
>OS drives.

I've had good luck using Hajo Noerenberg's scripts to install multiple
systems with Debian on ZFS root (mostly mirrored SSDs):
https://github.com/hn/debian-stretch-zfs-root
https://github.com/hn/debian-buster-zfs-root

The scripts work pretty well and they're easy to amend as needed, much
easier than doing it manually.

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj at mjturner.net * http://mjturner.net/