[rescue] The State of SunHELP (new server build, etc)

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sun Jun 9 19:35:24 CDT 2019

> It's really weird when people tell me that [...] people who I've
> looked up to for 20+ years refer to me as their peer, etc.

I am far from liking everything he wrote, but this part is absolutely
spot on:

   O Nobly Born: learn, and seek within thyself.  Cultivate the cunning
   of the Serpent and the courage of the Tiger; sup deeply from the
   Wisdom of those who came before thee.  Hack, and hack again; grow,
   by trial and by error.  Post thy best hacks to the Net and gain in
   Repute thereby.  Also, O Nobly Born, be thou grave and courteous in
   thy speech; be helpful to those less than thee, quick to succour and
   slow to flame.

   If thou dost these things faithfully, if thou travellest with high
   heart and pure intention, soon shall thy callow Newbiehood be shed.
   By degrees imperceptible to thyself shalt thou gain Power and
   Wisdom, Striving and Doing all the while.  Gradually shall thy
   Puissance unfold and deepen.

   O Nobly Born, if thou dost all these things, thy Wizardhood shall
   surely come upon thee; but not of a sudden, and not until after thy
   arrogant Mind hath more than half Forgotten that such was its Aim.
   For know this --- you may not by thyself in Pride claim the Mantle
   of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

   Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers
   respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or
   Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath
   lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

It is time to wake up, my friend.  Wake up.  That sound is thy brethren
and sistern hailing thee.

> I just try to help people whenever I can.

Exactly.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org