[rescue] reading old unix disks from Linux

Mike Spooner mikes at aalin.co.uk
Fri Apr 26 06:02:56 CDT 2019

Caution needed - there isn't a single "UFS", there are multiple minor variations on a theme; including ACL formats, large-file on-disk metadata structures, capability flags, et al et al et al et al.

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 10:59 AM +0100, "Jonathan Katz" <jon at jonworld.com> wrote:

I'm thinking it would be easier with a BSD, as they are native to using UFS
and understanding BSD disklabels, instead of the MBR stuff Linux has
traditionally relied upon.

-Jon
+44 7792 149029