[rescue] Sun Solaris questions...

Bob Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 07:19:58 CDT 2019

Lionel, I considered asking for memory here but this is an awful lot and it
didn't feel right.  That said, I now have 256 megs (spread across 8
dimms)up for grabs.  The 2 GB came in, and I need to have a sit down with
the eBay vendor.  5 or 6 chip caps were torn off the boards in transit from
smacking into each other.  I was able to clean the PCB and solder them back
on and I'm up and going, but what about the next guy that doesn't know how
to do this?  Anyway, that's for another day.

Solaris 10 1/13 on a burned DVD is now able to boot so I just reinstalled
and everything looks fine.   It wouldn't boot with the lower amount of
memory, but now all is well.

Thanks guys.   I really appreciate the help and advice on this thing.

-Bob