[rescue] SCSI solutions for Sparcstation Voyager

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Nov 13 05:46:27 CST 2018

>> sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <COMPAQ, BD03664553, 3B05> disk fixed

> That disk size looked a bit odd for an IDE drive so I checked the
> model number and apparently a Compaq BD03664553 is a 36.4GB U160 SCA
> drive.  Strange - you weren't using an external disk were you?

Possibly!  It would have surprised me, but if that's what that drive
is, I agree that's the most plausible explanation: the boot represented
in the backup snapshot was off an external drive, and it says nothing
about my adapter.

Makes me wonder why I would have done that - did my adapter break or
something?  Now I'm curious.  I'll have to see if I can find the silly
thing in storage.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org