[rescue] SCSI solutions for Sparcstation Voyager

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Nov 8 12:45:36 CST 2018

> I'm pulling out my Voyager to play with again.

Sweet toy, innit? :-)

> [...] I'm nervous about the internal 2.5" SCSI drive.  It's working
> now (knock on wood) but I know I should consider a replacement for
> this guy.

For my Voyager, I found a SCSI-to-IDE adapter that was thin enough that
(and mounted such that) when combined with a thin (~5mm thick) IDE
laptop drive, the result fit in the Voyager.

Unfortunately I don't have details, and my Voyager is in storage at the
moment.  There is a (discouragingly small) chance I may be able to dig
it out and look at it soon, but, if not, I hope that simply knowing
such adapters exist may be of some use to you.

And, if it's an option for you, there's always netboot.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org