[rescue] UTF-8 [was what can you do with an Apple Quadro 840AV]

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Mar 28 06:07:20 CDT 2018

>> Again, the use of an archaic or broken version of mailman to run the
>> mailing list is a choice.
> I was about to just blindly defend Mr. Bill, our very gracious host
> here, but I figured I better do some fact checking before I stick my
> foot into my mouth.  [...research...]

Also, the "Everybody can run software that is able to deal with these
decades-old standards" is at least a little disingenuous.  It's a
little like replying to "I don't have any way to run SPARC code" with
"Everybody can get a SPARC or install an emulator".

Yes, I probably could, I don't know, install a Windows box or
something, and thereby get UTF-8 and Unicode support.  That does not
make UTF-8-encoded Unicode suitable for everyone!

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org