[rescue] what can you do with an Apple Quadro 840AV

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Mon Mar 26 13:15:11 CDT 2018

On Mar 23, 2018, at 5:23 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo <xemacs5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of these sort of dropped into my lap (figuratively speaking).
>
> Anything interesting that can be done with them?

You could find someone who wants one. :)

Really itbs one of the best system for running late-68000-era Mac software:
Itbs the fastest 68K system Apple released, itbll run a variety of System
Software releases (7.1 through 8.1), it can take a lot of RAM (128MB) and
peripherals, it has a bunch of interesting stuff built-in (GeoPort, DSP), and
did I mention itbs really fast?

Itbll definitely need a re-cap of course, but if it operates now youbre
probably not going to have to worry about repairing traces too. (At least as
long as you donbt hurt any during the re-cap.)

Itbs a great system for something like Macintosh Common Lisp. MCL 3.4 was
the last for 68K and should absolutely scream on that system.

  -- Chris