[rescue] Small cache of Sun2 boards/systems to test.

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Thu Mar 15 00:40:36 CDT 2018

On Mar 14, 2018, at 9:28 PM, Steve Piette wrote:

> Does anyone have the diagnostics for the 68010 machines or a bootable OS
handy I could get a copy of so I can see what works and what needs repair.

If you have the Multibus SCSI host adapter, it's possible to create a bootable
OS disk using a newer machine running SunOS 4. After copying and booting the
miniroot, the install just untars tape files, then runs makedev, creates an
fstab, and installs a boot block. I can walk you through it if it would be
helpful to you.

It's possible to use a modern disk too, though not necessarily completely
straightforward to get it set up so the Multibus SCSI host adapter is happy
with it. I captured some notes here:

http://typewritten.org/Projects/Sun/8-4841.html

ok
bear.