[rescue] The Adventures of Picking up an SGI Origin 2000 and 19 Racks

PhreakShow Telephone Company phreakshowtelco at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 11:54:29 CST 2018

Finally got home and unloaded about 2:30am.

I won an auction down at Indiana University for an SGI Origin 2000 System
and 19 racks.

Trip was an adventure. Rented a 26ft Penske Truck which was a junkheap in
itself. Off we went. My gf and her best friend went along and had a blast.
7 Hour drive down from Michigan to Bloomington Indiana. In a rainstorm at
dark. Waffle House outside of Indianapolis made for a very nice night.

Got loaded up 9am yesterday morning. And headed home.

Here are pics of the SGIs. And my gf's find an IBM Selectric II. Shes a
typewriter lover.

https://imgur.com/a/XzDXg

Plan now is to start rounding up parts to fix it. It seems mostly cosmetic.
Goal is to have it fully operational by VCFMW.