[rescue] Sun type 101a keyboard - where did Sun use this?

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Sat Jun 30 11:05:11 CDT 2018

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 01:11:29AM -0500, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> Amazon, IMHO, has one of the worst (internal) search engines I've ever used, and more often than not, just turns up pages of all kinds of stuff, none of it related to my search.

GIGO.

> Anyway, my search turned up a hit for a Sun type 101a keyboard, and, when initially discovered, did not have an actual picture, it
> had some generic black keyboard.  A search for Sun type 101a keyboards really didn't turn up anything, aside from the originating

It looks exactly like a stock PC Keytronics-101 keyboard other than the Sun logo.

I wonder if this is the keyboard that would have some with a Sun 386i?
I'm not sure the one that we had rotated through ever came "complete" with
its keyboard/video intact.

The Wikipedia page (not that I count that as authoritative) says the
386i came with a "pc style keyboard", but then also again says it
introduced the standard type-4 keyboard as well.