[rescue]  Re: Sun E4K CPU Upgrade

Mike Spooner mike.spooner.ux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 08:41:45 CDT 2018

Hi Richard,

Probably, but goodness only knows what versions were available even then,
never mind now!

Another tip: each CPU/memory board has it's own firmware (in flashrom),
and there is a specific OBP command to copy firmware from one CPU/memory
board to the others - needed if you pick up new boards of unknown
history. Just make sure you don't accidentally downrev the one with the
most recent firmware!! IIRC (it's been a looong time since I played with
my E6000), a copy of CPU/memory-board firmware is also stored on the
clock-board too, and can be copied from there also. But be careful with
"which-one-holds-which-version"...

-- Mike Spooner