[rescue] IE on Solaris - WAS:::::compiling old software re: emacs on SunOS 4.1.4

Stephen Conley cheetah at tanabi.org
Sun Jun 3 08:22:37 CDT 2018

Heh, Internet Exploder on Solaris was actually the only thing I can recall
running that *locked up* my Solaris machine back in the day (Sun SPARC 20
dual cpu, maxed out RAM, Solaris 2.6).  It wasn't because it used too much
resources, it just did something that locked up the whole UI and at that
particular time I had no way to remote in and fix it so I had to hard
reboot it.

Of course, back then, I did the very stupid thing of being always logged in
as root, so that was probably part of it :)  Made something poorly written
capable of bringing down the whole machine.