[rescue] SunSolve v1.2 installation

john jferg977 at aol.com
Sun Jan 28 16:00:20 CST 2018

Still no-joy on this.B  I did find reports of troubles with installation
back in the early '90s on the sun-admin group on google.B  It does look
like it has to run on a machine using the old yellow page/nis setup.B
I've done it on one of my installs on the micro sd, but am not yet
finished. I was unable to make AnswerBook search although it dind't have
any problem displaying. it could be that it uses the same search
rpc.solved as SunSolve. .

if i can get SunSolve 1.2 to search, then I can link the AnswerBook
files and use SunSolve to get at them.

one of the things I noticed was that my SunSolve has a patch database
current to 1993 which includes patches I haven't seen anywhere else -
they may have only been available to a supported system.B  Some of these
patches included new binaries.B  I haven't figured out whether they are
on the CDROM???

more to follow.