[rescue] E450 Console puzzler

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Fri Jan 12 10:59:44 CST 2018

Jerry,

Thanks for your note!

Not sure how the idea entered the thread, but the NVRAM on this guy is just
fine - good hostid, MAC address, etc. Been down that road with other machines.
Don't have to go there with this guy - yet!

I remember the RSCs, though I never had a machine with one. What I'd more
likely do if I don't get the console figured out is just put a frame buffer in
it, and stick on a monitor and keyboard if I need a local console.

I don't have a PCI framebuffer at this point; I'd have to track one down. If
anyone has one spare I'd be interested, along with a couple more 400Mhz CPUs
and voltage regulators :-)

I will likely try building the splitter cable such as Mouse suggested and send
the console to ttyb, but I bet I end up with a framebuffer in this guy when
all is said and done.

Thanks to all so far for your many and helpful suggestions!

Steve

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: [rescue] E450 Console
puzzler