[rescue] solaris 9 binaries for Subversion?

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Tue Jan 9 14:54:28 CST 2018

> Tangentially related - would anyone have a Solaris 9 sparc install ISO
> to hand? I had one back when but I can't seem to locate it any more :(
> I'd like to see how well pkgsrc could build subversion or similar

I'll mention TGCware again then :-) <https://jupiterrise.com/tgcware/>

You can get some binary packages to get you started here:
<https://jupiterrise.com/tgcware/sunos5.9_sparc/stable/> (i.e., GCC
and dependencies to bootstrap the build).

Then the entire build system, along with patches to the software, is
available here: <https://github.com/tgc/tgcwarev2-for-solaris>

You can use the GitHub sources to rebuild all the packages. I rebuilt
a large amount of the Sol8 stuff to run on v8 hardware (the 'official'
Sol8 binaries are for v8+/v9), it's quite a neat system to produce
packages.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau