[rescue] solaris 9 binaries for Subversion?

David Brownlee abs at absd.org
Tue Jan 9 13:22:21 CST 2018

On 8 January 2018 at 20:50, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> wrote:

> Hello Dave,
>
> Sorry, I don't have a direct answer to your question, but possibly something that can assist.
>
> I'm sure that most of us are aware that sunfreeware went commercial several years ago.  This fact hasn't changed AFAIK.
>
> Before it went commercial, there were quite a few mirrors of sunfreeware software, many that are still out there.
>
> Fire up your browser and hit up duckduckgo, or your favorite search engine, and search for sunfreeware mirror.
>
> This has worked for me assisting smaller clients with older SPARC equipment who were not aware that they were dependent upon old sunfreeware binaries.

Tangentially related - would anyone have a Solaris 9 sparc install ISO
to hand? I had one back when but I can't seem to locate it any more :(
I'd like to see how well pkgsrc could build subversion or similar (I
have a couple of UltraSPARC systems and a sparc classic to hand, plus
qemu :)

Thanks

David