[rescue] sparcstation 10 fast-ethernet

Mike Spooner mike.spooner.ux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 21:41:57 CST 2018

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 10:36:15 -0500, john <jferg977 at aol.com> wrote:

> ...> Thanks Mike for sharing this information. I need to check some things

> on my end before anyone (you) spends anymore time on this. I'm running
> > part of our system on Cisco carrier current ethernet transponders (now
> > sold as Linksys PLS(?) 400 series). I need to check if the ones I'm
> > using support fast-ethernet - i think they do, also check on the sun
> > sbus card availability. And then I'll get back to you.
> >
> > best,
> >
> > john
> >

> Hi Mike, it looks like there is some confusion in the documentation as
> to whether Sun Fastethernet 2.1 drivers will work ok with SunOs 4.1.4.

The official Sun printed install guide that comes with the 1996 CD states
that it will, most definately.

I will rely on the Sun Technotes which I found which say it will. It
> also looks as if my Cisco buzz-boxes support fastethernet and that I can
> buy an X1059A for a reasonable price.
>
> Soooooo, if you are willing, I would very much like an ISO of your CD.
> No hurry whatever, but do let me know what works best for you.
>
> Thanks much for helping me with this.
>
> john ferguson

ISO and PDF installation guide and other notes can be found at
http://shelldozer.im/SFE2

Note that I will most likely not be able to keep the install guides and ISO
online forever, due to you-know-who, but hopefully should be OK for a while.

Regards,
Mike Spooner
http://mbus.sunhelp.org/