[rescue] Framebuffer Logos

EDWARD COTTONGIM eddie_cottongim at cox.net
Sat Jan 6 16:50:34 CST 2018

Here is a just-for-fun query.

Does anybody have a collection of the framebuffer logos that appear on boot? With the variety of framebuffers around, I'm sure there are rarely-seen ones.

For example, the CG6:
http://www.obsolyte.com/sunPICS/misc/3dlogo.gif
(This picture is 512x512, so I don't know where it came from.. the boot ones look about 128x96 to me)

Well down this page, you'll see the rather rare GT logo:
http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16725172&sid=1723ed1919e0228d174da84a160724fa http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16725172&sid=1723ed1919e0228d174da84a160724fa

Probably the AG10-E:
http://www.hyperstation.de/HS30BootScr.jpg

A ZX/Leo:
http://www.hyperstation.de/Leoboot.jpg

A few side questions:

When did Sun began displaying a framebuffer logo at boot?
Is there a way to pull the graphics off the card programmatically instead of photographing the monitor?

Have fun,

Eddie