[rescue] Sun 3/50 BTW (and Sun 2 keyboard)

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 16:53:11 CST 2018

Hi Peter,

So it is the typical oxidation problem on the cathode?
OK, I think I know someone local with a CRT rejuvenator. I'll give that a
go.

And I've learned this ECL display will be forever destined for the Sun
3/260 (at 1600x1200) as it is indeed single-sync. Bummer.

Still, for the 2/120 I have two video options:
1) I have some sort of Extron ECL video converter in the garage, I'll take
a closer look at this once the keyboard and mouse arrive (thanks, kind list
member!) and report back.
2) Failing that, I can switch the framebuffer to TTL and rig up my own
adapter.

I have plenty of (color) monitors that will handle the resolution and
timings in question- and I'm quite pleased to have found the requisite
matching input devices. :)
Perhaps the correct monitor will turn up eventually...

- Ian