[rescue] looking for MVME162 ROM Images

Plamen Mihaylov plamenspam at afterpeople.com
Sat Feb 17 04:29:07 CST 2018

Hi Richard,

" - ROM Checksum Error, Expected......" - this should not happen. I haven't
seen it often.
The checksum is stored in the rom/flash itself. Since you are booting
directly from ROM you could try to play with pflash and cs commands and try
to reprogram the flash memory and boot from it. But if the necessary 162bug
commands execute well, leave it this way.

" - Board Configuration Data Failure" and " - Configuration Data Failure
(Invoke 'ENV' Command) " - the nvram is dead, use cnfg;m at bug prompt to
add the correct values and then execute env;d

I strongly recommend to replace the LC with 68040. Without SCSI board
(MVME327 or MVME328-confirmed and working with OpenBSD) you have to netboot
the os. I suggest you to start with OpenBSD.

Regards,
Plamen