[rescue] Old Monitors

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Feb 14 07:14:07 CST 2018

" From: Patrick Giagnocavo <xemacs5 at gmail.com>
"
" Yes, the interior of the CRT is coated with lead oxide. Breaking a
" tube will release this.

not fused with the glass envelope?

as i learned it, the voltage required by color crts made them into
passable x-ray generators; as a result, the us gov required the crt
face be made of lead glass.

i imagined the x-rays to be emitted in alignment with the electron
beam.

there's a passing nod to this in the simpson's ep where homer revisits
his childhood home and we see the shadow of where he used to lie in
front of the tv etched into the floor.