[rescue] Old Monitors

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 01:17:27 CST 2018

On 14 February 2018 at 02:09, Mouse <mouse at rodents-montreal.org> wrote:

> Seems to me there's a market - a small niche market, but still - for
> new CRT monitors.  Anyone looking for a business plan?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/6/16973914/tvs-crt-restoration-led-gaming-vin
tage

The thing is that the nature of the beasts means that small-scale
production isn't really possible.

I don't like the picture quality of LCDs in some ways -- I preferred
CRTs and used them as long as I could -- but I confess it's lovely to
have 2 x 23" + screens on my home computer (and bigger at work)
without them weighing as much as a hefty child and taking 75% of the
desk. They don't take much power, or make much heat, or cost much,
either.

So I tolerate the crappy over-saturated colours with solarisation,
banding and posterisation. Price of progress. :-(

--
Liam Proven b" Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk b" Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com