[rescue] Just rescued these thanks to gov deals. 2 SGI origin Systems

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Feb 13 19:31:05 CST 2018

On 02/13/2018 08:16 PM, PhreakShow Telephone Company wrote:
> I discovered gov deals last week.  And well  needless to say im very thrilled
>
> 2 SGI origin systems.  2 Big racks.
>
> Im hoping they will fit in the back of my van.    Well worth the 7
> hour drive.    Been wanting big iron to restore.  This is it.

  Awesome, congrats!  And that's an amazing price!

  As someone who has moved quite a few of these, though, I must
recommend not even trying with your van, assuming we're talking about a
regular "van".  These are anything but standard racks; it'd be quite a
challenge to lay them down.  I'm guessing my 2400 weighs about 850.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA