[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 193, Issue 9

Chris Quayle syseng at gfsys.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 12:23:30 CST 2018

On 12/10/18 18:00, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

>     1. Re: Sun Netra 240 w/ 48V Power Supplies- How much current do
>        I need to run it? (Peter Stokes)

I used V210 and V240's for some years and they draw 150-200 watts
on line power. Iirc, the motherboards are more or less the same, so
at 48v dc, 200/48, or around 4 amps worst case. The dc to dc
converters for dc power should be more efficient than line psu's,
but a 4 amp psu should enough.

There are usually loads of ex telco psu's on Ebay and cheap on a
good day as well, may have some around in store here if you can't find a
suitable example...

Chris
Oxford, England.