[rescue] Sun Netra 240 w/ 48V Power Supplies- How much current do I need to run it?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Sun Dec 9 14:55:37 CST 2018

FWIW, back when these were still in production, or, at least still supported, I was working for a large retailer, and we had ~50 of
them on the 'web tier', in support of the online catalog, web sales, etc.

Apparently, many of the 240's were put out during a transitional time, and I can't count the number of times that Sun went back for
the right part, when they were out for repair.  Specifically, some boxes were ROHS compliant (that we owned), and others weren't.

For the purpose of this discussion, I do NOT believe that power supplies ever played into that, but, it seems that every time I pick
up a new SPARC system, its always my plan to max out memory, CPU, etc.  Assuming that others do the same.   Food for thought.

Jerry